How (and why) to connect a student to an SSA
Student Success Advocates (SSA) believe that every student deserves a rich and meaningful experience at the University of Utah. We work closely with undergraduate students to explore and clarify interests and goals, overcome personal and academic challenges, and connect with campus resources and opportunities.
If a student is in crisis and for issues of behavioral or sexual misconduct, including if a student has disclosed sexual assault or interpersonal violence, visit this page: https://ssa.utah.edu/behavior.php
- The student could use some extra support.
- The student is struggling academically or in some other way.
- The student would benefit from exploring opportunities to enrich their college experience such as research, internships, learning abroad, student clubs, etc.
- The student has questions pertaining to their college experience that you do not have time to assist them with.
- You are concerned about the student’s ability to manage a difficult situation.
- The student is experiencing food or housing insecurity.
- Direct the student to Meet Your Student Success Advocates where they can learn about our team and contact a SSA of their choice by text, voice call, or email.
- Direct the student to our Drop-In Hours where they can choose a time and location that works best for them.
- Direct the student to Contact Us where they can complete the form and either choose a specific SSA or not.
- Refer a student by completing the referral form.